Saturday, February 04, 2006

DANGER GAME

Place a name on the forehead
And I’ll try to guess the one that I am.
Am I smart? Am I fun?
Am I sexy? Am I just the
One you want to know?

CHORUS
I wanna know
I wanna know you
You’re the wish. You’re the myth
Spoken of by poets, fools and martyrs.

In a metaphor game,
In a culinary way what am I?
Am I tasty? Am I sweet?
I’d like to be the cherry on top
Of your Sunday treat.

CHORUS

BRIDGE
I hung from windows, burned a hand
Licked a boot, ate a sock
Even walked on bottle tops for you
But I never won the Danger Game
Till I jumped from my heart on to yours.

CHORUS
CHORUS

BRIDGE (instrumental)

I took a name from a hat
Put it back ‘cuz it was not the right one.
Picked again and again
‘Cuz I couldn’t rest until I’d
Found the one I love

CHORUS

BRIDGE

CHORUS
CHORUS

No comments: