Monday, December 19, 2005

ALL NIGHT BLUES

Sittin' on the edge
I sit here almost dead
And I'm a rockin' and a shakin'
I'd like to sleep instead

The faces stare out blankly
Tryin' to comprehend
What the hell's he talkin' 'bout
My mind he's tryin' to bend

CHORUS
I got the all night blues and I think you know
Just exactly what I mean
And I bet you wish you didn't
But I got the all night blues and I will
Sit here just the same
A rockin' and a shakin'
My mind just tryin' to tame

I wish that he would stop
Or that I could make him drop
His words pierce right through my brain
They'll make me go insane

So as I sit here now
I shiver and I quake
I'm tryin' my goddamned hardest
Just to stay awake!

CHORUS

I got the all night blues and I will
Sit here all the same
A rockin' and a shakin'
My mind just tryin' to tame

No comments: