Thursday, December 22, 2005

ALPINE LULLABY

Close your eyes and think of a place far, far away
It's gonna be all right - let me take you there

CHORUS
So let me sing you an Alpine Lullaby
Close your eyes, give a gentle sigh
Let me sing you that lullaby
And you can dream of that far land

Through the hazy mist the mountain rose and you were by my side
As we laid there on the slope you were my joy you were my pride
And I swore right then and there
That I'd never let you go
And to this day I've been forever true

So far away, so far away, oasis in our lives
No greed, no need to fight for life - no spies, no lies, no cries
Of foul or dirty play that are so common all around
The price we pay for this great modern world

CHORUS

Oh the days we spent there were so fine we thought they'd never end
But end they did and once again in this real world we have to fend
For the very hearts and souls that made that Alpine holiday
So special that I sing this song to you

CHORUS
CHORUS

No comments: