Sunday, December 18, 2005

K-TELISH CASTAWAYS

Warning: The following lyrics may represent a danger to finely tuned aesthetic sensibilities. Many sound better when sung, but not all. Some are simply bad.


IN FAIRYTALES

They say that it doesn't happen
They say that it's just a myth
It just does not exist
At least in 1986

Truelove may once have been
But now it's quite passe'
Cinderellas and princesses
Are best left for another day

CHORUS
In fairytales love never fails
In fairytales love never fails
To win out in the end
Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh
Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh

And the critics will never find true love
Yourself you cannot deceive
A self-fulfilling prophecy
'Cause you can't find what you don't believe

REPEAT VERSES 1 & 3

So live your life a fairytale
It's up to you to make it true
In fairytales love never fails to win out in the end
In fairytales love never fails to win out in the end


HUNGRY CHILD

We call ourselves civilized
A progressive nation of the humanist kind
Yet we ignore the pain and the cries
Of a dying world of the human kind

Paying farmers not to grow crops
We fill all our groceries and all of our shops
Meanwhile elsewhere rivers run dry
It's not a myth that starving people can die

CHORUS
So we pass through this world, maybe one day
We will realize
That for all that we've done
The hungry child still cries
The hungry child still cries

It's really not a matter of money
We have the resources the ability
To produce enough food on our farms
But we would rather produce nuclear arms!

CHORUS
CHORUS

Come back - to me
I need you - so badly
And I miss you madly

Well, I know - it has to
Be this way - still I want you
And I want to hold you

CHORUS
And I'm sick of these damned love songs
There's nothing they can do
Syrup sentimentality
Won't bring me back to you



COME BACK
Come back - I tell you
Once again
Why do I - even bother
It's so obvious -
I need you and you need me. Together we were meant to be
We fit together so readily La da da da da da da dada
Come back -
I hate to be this way, I'd rather not beg today Oh Oh Oh!
So, come back!
Come back!
Baby, come back!

CHORUS

And I'm sick of these damned love songs
There's nothing they can do!
No, there's nothing that a song can do
To bring me back to you
No, there's nothing that a song can do
To bring me back to you


WHEELS OF PROGRESS

Well you know what it's all about
Talk about
Modern world of which you are so proud
But what have we become
Always on the run

Well this world is a messed up place
I know
That there must be a better way
Than blocking out the sun
Bad air for everyone

CHORUS
Wheels of progress keep us moving on
So what if all the trees have been cut down?
Look around! - and see

River flows and the green grass grows
Too caught up
In what we'd like to call humanity
And as we move along
We always sing the song

CHORUS
Look around! Look around! - and see
Just see
Just see


KEY TO LIFE

Everyone that I've been talking to
Wonders 'bout the key to life
Ponderous questions that can't be answered
When will we ever learn

That the key to life is not to look
For the key to life at all
Live, let live, just go with the flow
Take it easy. Stay cool. Stay calm

Too many uptight people
Worry their lives away (they say)
There's got to be more to this world!
(I say) What you see is what you get

Too many misled people
Wastin' away their lives
Lookin' for something that just isn't there -
Create so much confusion and despair

CHORUS
And the key to life is not to look for it
And the key to life is just to live your life
'Cause soon enough we'll all be dead anyhow

REPEAT FIRST TWO VERSES

CHORUS
CHORUS


RUNNING AWAY

Running away
Running away
It's so easy, so easy to run away

Drifting away
Drifting away
So many, so many people try to find a way

To hide in their own little world
To forget about the real world
Oh, but is that really so bad?
Tell me, is that really so bad?

High in the air
Without a care
The world below seems to be a little bare

Of love and laughter, compassion and care
Maybe it wouldn't be if we were all there
And the cycle it continues on
It continues on and on and on...

Twenty-one Jews in temple killed in Instanbul
A killer stalks the street while thirty-eight watch to see
A child prodigy dies 'cause we're too busily
Making money off her
Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

And so many, so many people try to find a way
Yes, so many, so many people try to find a way
To hide in their own little world
To forget about the real world
Oh, but is that really so bad?
Tell me, is that really so bad?
And the cycle it continues on
It continues on and on and on

EVERY SINGLE DAY

I see you flash before my eyes
Every single day
Then I reach to touch you but you're not there
Every single day
Yes, every single day
Missing not one
Yes, every single day
And nowhere to run

We walked and talked and we laughed a lot
Every single day
We walked and talked and we laughed a lot
Every single day
But now it's all over
I don't know what to do
I feel so alone now
That I'm not with you

We were so happy or so I thought
Every single day
And I used to say to her
Every single day
Whoever said love hurts
I pity them
Yes, whoever said love hurts
I pity them

BRIDGE
La la la la la la la la la la la, etc.

We were so happy or so I thought
But she left me one day
I cried and cried till I couldn't cry
Every single day
Whoever said love hurts
I am with them
Yes, whoever says love hurt
Now I am with them



TO KILL ANOTHER MAN

I can never hold you near
Without the memory of his face
His eyes behind those dark sunglasses
A sad smile just a trace

CHORUS
To kill another man
You do not need a knife
Your actions and your words
Can just as easily take his life

He stood there before me
What he wanted I could not see
Then he reached his hand into his bookbag
A teddy bear he handed me

"There is nothing I can do
So to her this bear please give
I can never see her ever again
I have no more reason to live."

CHORUS

In a moment he was gone
I blankly sat upon my bed
I knew why he'd never see her ever again
I knew that he'd be dead

CHORUS
CHORUS


SINGIN' SONGS TO THE WALLS

I sit here all alone in my room on the bed
And I don't know what to do, I just know that I love you
So I sit here all alone in my room on the bed
Singin' songs to the walls
The walls that I know

CHORUS
And I wish that you could see
What our love was meant to be
'Cause I don't know how to tell you how I feel

So when I sit here all alone in my room on the bed
I think of what to do, how to tell you I love you
But I don't know what to say, so I sit here all alone
Singin' songs to the walls, the walls that I know

CHORUS

All alone in the dark in my room on the bed
I sing this song to you and every word of it is true
But you're not here to hear it so I sit here all alone
Singin' songs to the walls, the walls that I know

CHORUS

So I sit here all alone
And I am singin' songs to the walls
Hopin' that the walls will somehow tell you
What they know


SHOOTING STAR
In the darkness and the calm
We stood outside and watched above
And then that sight we saw
I remember it so well
From heaven it fell

CHORUS
(Oh and I'm talkin' 'bout)
That shooting star
I say it looked so far
Up in the sky, it was up so high
Together we stared and together we shared
I remember that night
It felt so right

It was special and we felt so close
The magic of that shooting star
It brought us all together
Oh we were so amazed
When through the night it blazed

BRIDGE
That golden glttering object
Embodied all our dreams
Our visions and our goals
As through the mind they stream

CHORUS

And only time can truly tell us
If that night was a beginning
The night an angel got it's wings
Or just a fairytale
A feeling soon to sail

BRIDGE 2
For ten tears or even sooner
The friendships may have passed
Still the magic of that night
Will forever last

CHORUS

CHORUS

#01 DREAMS COME TRUE - 1985

They all told me that I couldn't
But I never gave up
And I never let down
And through my trials and hardships
I kept my feet on the ground

So you really just can't forget your dreams
Else you are your biggest foe
"Cause you will never know
If what you're doing is real
You will have nothing to show

CHORUS
'Cause day after day we go on
Pursuing our dreams
And I know it must seem
A bit funny
But dreams come true
You know they do
Yes, dreams come true
You know they do

Now let me just say this to you friend
You've got to give it a shot
You've got to care a whole lot
And then your dreams just might come-
True believe it or not

CHORUS

And never let one tell you differently
'Cause you'll find all around
That cynics abound
But if you look real close you'll see that they're all
The ones afraid to take a fall
They'd rather stoop down
Than dare to stand tall

CHORUS

No comments: