Sunday, January 22, 2006

COFFEE MAN

Coffee there
Cappuccino mocha stare
A pointless fan-breeze blows in
The late autumn air
Through the sliding pane window
No one thinks to close

Shaking now
One hour scared just waiting now
The coffee spills, it burns, it kills
The numb finger chill
Leaves a red on brown on blue
Cafe cartoonish hue

CHORUS
And she hangs their lives on her fingernails
She hawks their hopes for a one night care
Then she says she really didn't like it
Yea, she says she really didn't like it

Lovely day,
"I love you" she said as she drove away
Just to say hello
To a man she once knew
Just to finally end it right
And to start something new

CHORUS
BRIDGE

Table next
The guy with long hair says "Who said
“All I know at all is
I know nothing at all?"
The coffee man tells him "I don't know.
I know nothing at all."

CHORUS

And she hangs their lives on her fingernails
And the man with the long hair he says
"Who really cares? All I know at all
Is I know nothing at all."
The Coffee Man tells him
"Yea, I know
Yea I know
Yea I know
Yea I know
Yea I know
I know nothing at all.”

No comments: